Weldon Ridge Barracudas Seeking Head Coach for Summer 2016 Season
Are you enthusiastic and engaging with kids? Do you enjoy cheering and encouraging swimmers from the pool deck and in the water? Do you have experience teaching proper stroke and turn mechanics? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you! The Weldon Ridge Barracudas Swim Team is seeking an energetic and professional head coach for the upcoming summer 2016 season.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing a consistent, team-wide coaching philosophy for our summer swim team that emphasizes the dual focus of building strong swimmers and promoting a love for being in the water and being part of a team. The head coach works closely with 2-3 assistant coaches to coordinate training sessions that support both individual and team goals. The head coach attends all dual meets and assists in determining and inputting line-ups. This individual must be comfortable working with all age groups (ages 5-18).
· Develop and coach 100-120 swimmers of varying skill levels and experience
· Be passionate about swimming while developing the potential of all athletes (as much as you can in a short summer season)
· Supervise a coaching team made of 2-3 assistant coaches
· Along with assistant coaches, develop a clear plan for training sessions
· Attend one mock meet, six dual meets and the end-of-season Cary City meet
· Assist with pre-meet activities such as determining lineups and filling out heat sheets
· Be a positive role model, maintaining high ethical moral standards
· Communicate professionally and effectively with athletes, parents, coaches and swim board members via email and text
· Previous swimming experience (competitive swimming or rec coaching)
· Ability to coach swimmers of all skill levels and experience
· Ability to attend and lead morning and afternoon training sessions
· Knowledge of TSA rules and regulations
· Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR certifications are not required, but are a plus
· Familiarity with Hy-Tek Meet Manager is a plus
The season starts in mid-May and runs through mid-July and includes one mock meet, six dual meets, and the Cary City meet. Supportive environment and competitive pay offered.