MARC SHARKS HIRING HEAD COACH FOR 2013
The MARC Sharks are looking to hire an enthusiastic, organized individual with proficiency in stroke mechanics, the ability to motivate swimmers of all ages and skill levels, and strong communication skills with parents and swimmers. The Sharks are a approximately 100 member, TSA South League team (Division 7 Champs for 2012) of swimmers age 4 to 18 that is run by an enthusiastic and supportive group of parent volunteers.
Duties include, but are not limited to: day-to-day team management, development and supervision of age group appropriate workouts, assisting in preparing and submitting meet entries, attending swim team planning/parent meetings.
The positions are part-time from mid-May through the third week in July. Coach must be available weekday mornings and evenings for practices, Saturday mornings for practices, All day Tuesday for swim meets, and occasional weekend days for invitational swim meets.
The ideal candidate will have prior swim team coaching experience, competitive swim team experience, and be proficient with preparing for meets. Knowledge of TSA rules and regulations is helpful.
Coaches’ Orientation (2 hours) - date to be scheduled
Ice cream Social/New Family Orientation (3 hours) - mid May on Sun. afternoon, date TBD
Weekday (afternoon) Practice (4 days a week- 3 hours) - begins Monday, mid-May, date TBD
Saturday Practice (2.5 hours) - begins Saturday, mid-May, date TBD
Time Trials (3-4 hours) - Saturday morning, date TBD
Weekday (morning) Practice (3 days a week- 3 hours) - begins 6/10
Meet Days (6- Tuesdays) planning & meet (13 hours) - begins 6/4
Invitational Meet (Saturday- 5 or more hours) - date TBD
Pay Rates (start at):
Head Coach $12.00/hour
Pay Schedule is bi-weekly beginning at the end of the 3rd week of employment.
Coach will receive a 1099 MISC form showing total contracted earnings for the year. The individual will be responsible to pay the required federal and state taxes based on that amount.
Visit our web site to download an application (see link directly above 2012 team picture).
Mail completed application to:
c/o Jennifer Pfaltzgraff
6808 Electra Drive
Raleigh NC 27607
• Uses encouragement
• Works with certain individuals
• Uses praise
• Works with all individuals
• Uses constructive criticism
• Works with the team
• Uses appropriate discipline
• Uses demonstrations by getting in the pool with swimmers, especially younger ones
• Uses questions as a teaching tool
• Provides constructive feedback
• Arrives early
• Maintains swimmer attendance records
• Workout begins on time
• Workout is organized and well planned
• Keeps athletes engaged in productive activity
• Arrives early
• Observes swims
• Provides encouragement
• Supervises warm-ups
• Uses praise and constructive criticism
• Handles disputes with officials with help of TSA rep
• Dresses appropriately
• Positive role model
• Punctual to all practices and meets
• Has team spirit and encourages swimmers to show team spirit at meets
• Handles and oversees meet entries
• Disbursement of meet information
• Is aware of team records and best times