Head Coach Wanted, Community Swim Team
The Brighton Forest community
is looking for an
energetic Head Coach to lead the community swim team. We are looking for someone
who enjoys working with young people and loves the sport of swimming. This is
an eight-week commitment, starting with team kick-off meeting on the morning of
Saturday, May 21st. The first practice will start the day after
Memorial Day (May 31) and the season concludes with the season-ending TSA
Championship on July 23.
The Head Coach plays an integral role in the development and leadership of the overall program. With the help of an assistant coach, you will provide a fun and safe atmosphere for our swimmers.
To fit this role, candidates should be outgoing, responsible and have passion for developing young swimmers.
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing and coaching practices
- Providing feedback to swimmers after their events at swim meets
- "Reading" swimmers and assessing their needs
- Listening and providing direction
- Completing meet heat assignments per TSA rules
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- 2 years of experience as a competitive swimmer or coach
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to supervising multiple age groups
- Strong people and “kid” skills
- Ability to enforce rules in a professional manner, but still maintain a fun, enjoyable atmosphere for swimmers
Commitment includes Monday, Wednesday and Thursday practices, with expectations of being at the Brighton Forest subdivision pool in the evenings for approximately 3.5 hrs. Additionally, there are 6 TSA meets, to be held on Tuesday nights beginning June 14 and ending July 19, and a season ending TSA Championship meet on July 23rd.
Our team is glad to be able to offer a competitive salary.
To apply, please send resume or applicable experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call Bill Overton at 919-796-0916 or Ann Overton at 919-810-6571.