On May 20, 2012, the Triangle Aquatic Center in Cary has donated the entire 50m swimming pool to raise money towards cancer research. Swim Across America is publicizing the event, provided individual swimmer with fundraising web-pages, incentive prizes, and organizational ideas.
Click here to register: (registration is for free)
Some of the events include the following:
- silent auction (includes signed basketballs, birthday packages, and yes Disney Tickets)
- fun relays (including kids relays, parent-child, and grandparent-child)
- Swim clinic by 3 former Olympians
- Sponsorship tables
We also have added:
- virtual swim-triathlon, offsite, swim meet can count towards this event
- volunteer option-lifeguarding, counting laps, setting up, clean-up
The ultimate goal for this event? To bring a Swim Across America Laboratory to the Triangle Area!
Please click here to see why we swim:
why we swim
Please feel free to contact me for more information. Thanks!