Scotts Mill is looking for a Head Coach for the upcoming 2013 summer swim season. We are located in Apex and are 200+ Sea Dragons strong.
Our season goes from mid May to late July. Our practices are Monday-Thursday afternoons/Saturday mornings, with meets on Tuesday evenings. We desire a coach who will motivate and teach swimmers while maintaining a fun team atomosphere for swimmers and families.
Skills we are looking for in a successful Head Coach include:
Please send a letter of interest, resume and the names and phone numbers of three references to Scotts Mill Sea Dragons.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Two or more seasons of swim coach experience at a rec level is preferable
- The ability to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for teaching and motivating young swimmers
- A true love for working with swimmers of all ability levels including pre-competitive and competitive level swimmers
- A passion about teaching proper stroke technique and Sportsmanship
- The ability to manage Junior and Assistant Coaches
- The ability to work with assistant coaches to develop swim meet line-ups
- Access to E-mail daily
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager software is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills with swimmers, parents, Assistant Coaches and Junior Coaches
- Must be certified in First Aid and CPR