Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Welcome!

During the 2007 swim season, I ended up spamming the inboxes of TSA Representatives with a lot more email than I had originally intended. Reps would often write back to me with questions or suggestions that themselves merited amplification to the rest of the community, leading to even more email from me to you. At one point, I jokingly mentioned that perhaps we needed a TSA blog to handle this sort of discussion in a slightly less urgent fashion. I was surprised at how many people enthusiastically endorsed the idea!

Hence, this blog. Let's give it a try and see how it works out. I begin with the following goals:

  1. This forum is for TSA Reps (including alternates) and officers. All others are welcome to peruse, but I'm going to have to limit posting privileges, at least for the time being, to the 100+ people in those categories. If you are a TSA Rep or officer and you're having trouble posting, please send me email by following the "This blog managed by..." link in the upper right hand corner.

  2. I envision this blog becoming the primary discussion forum for TSA topics when we are not actually physically convened together in a Board of Directors meeting. Very important topics and urgent matters will still merit mass emails to the entire Board, but less crucial matters will hopefully migrate here.

  3. This is a work in progress! Anything and everything (including the preceding goals) can change as our needs and preferences evolve. I want everyone involved to help make this blog what they want it to be. Please don't hesitate to post if you have an idea for an improvement.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your keyboards!

No comments: