POSITION: AQUATICS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: FITNESS & AQUATICS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF FITNESS & AQUATICS
SUPERVISES: ATTENDANTS, INSTRUCTORS, HEAD SWIM COACH, HEAD DIVE COACH
The Aquatics Manager will oversee the summer swim and dive programs including staffing and scheduling of practices and lessons. Aquatics Manager will coordinate the Swim Lesson schedule using American Red Cross Guidelines for members and guests. He/she will supervise and schedule up to 10 instructors and be responsible for creating a fun, learning environment to ensure a positive member experience.
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all coaches and swim instruction staff
- Oversees on-line swim and dive lesson registration
- Prepares two shifts of swim lesson instruction…9:00am-2:30pm and 2:30pm-8:00pm
- Communicates directly with the members to determine appropriate swim class levels
- Oversees scheduling of swim and dive lessons – assigning lessons equitably among instructors
- Supervises instructors during lessons providing constructive feedback to improve performance
- Meets weekly with Head Swim and Dive Coaches
- Assists with pre-season Dive Clinic to promote the sport and team
- Works closely with Swim & Dive Team Committees in preparation for meets
- Maintains Aquatics Information on Prestonwood Website
- Represents the Club with tact and professionalism at all swim and dive meets
- Helps conduct Swim Clinics designed to improve technique, flip turns and starts
- Conducts scheduled swim lessons to improve stroke technique
- Prepares billing of lessons to member accounts
- Prepares payroll for instructors
- Ensures an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Be knowledgeable about PCC programs and products
- Enforces pool/club policies
- CPR/AED certification required
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid preferred
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in recreation administration, physical education, leisure services or a related field and two years full-time or its equivalent of aquatics experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Must possess management skills conducive to work effectively with people.
- Must display the social skills and congenial attitude necessary to make all members feel welcome.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide excellent service to members and guests.
- Show excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Illustrate and promote attention to detail.
- Must possess the organizational skills necessary to manage the Aquatics instructional programs.
- Maintains a cooperative and professional work relationship with all other club operations that have an impact on the Aquatics Department.
- Work closely with the pool management company to ensure a seamless operation.